Welcome to Dakota Valley Elementary! Dakota Valley's dedicated staff is a collaborative faculty who is committed to the district's mission of inspiring every child to think, to learn, to achieve, and to care. Here at Dakota Valley students, teachers, parents, and community members partner together to inspire lifelong learning.
We have a positive learning environment that is committed to building relationships with our students and their families. As a PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Support), we have clearly outlined our "HOWL" behavioral expectations and build leadership skills in our students. HOWL stands for Helpful, Ownership, Wise Choices, and Learner. We teach these common expectations and use positive reinforcement on a regular basis for meeting those expectations.
Our staff is committed to meeting the needs of every student. We provide differentiated instruction and have high expectations for all of our students. At Dakota Valley, every student's progress is important. In addition to academic studies, our students participate in art, music, technology, STEM, and physical education classes. Technology is also integrated into our classrooms through the use of SmartBoards, document cameras, iPods, iPads, and Chrome Books. There are several enrichment opportunities for students at Dakota Valley before or after school. Some of these activities include: Piano Club, Intramurals, Keyboarding Club, Yearbook Club, Spelling Club, student council, and Battle of the Books.
Dakota Valley Elementary Mission
The mission of Dakota Valley Elementary School is to help our students LEAD.
- L=Learn: Students meet high academic standards as they master a comprehensive body of knowledge each and every day; this is true of the core content, integrated arts, and with leadership.
- E=Empower: Students are empowered to be leaders of themselves and to find ways to encourage others to do the same.
- A=Achieve: Students take pride in their accomplishments as they acquire knowledge, concepts, skills, actions, and attitudes necessary for success.
- D=Dream: We encourage our students to reach for the sky, set big attainable goals, and make a plan to reach those dreams.
Points of School Pride:
- A school culture that recognizes and honors diversity
- A staff that goes the extra mile in supporting children in and out of the classroom
- A parent community that works in partnership with teachers and staff to ensure success for all
- A strong sense of community pride, spirit and giving back
- A variety of after school enrichment programs offered throughout the school year to enhance the learning experience
- PTCO sponsored events that are designed to unite our school community. Events include Fun Run, Monster Mash, Carnival, and restaurant nights.
- Positive Behavior Intervention Support is used to promote a positive school climate. Strategies used to promote PBIS are school-wide behavior expectations, student recognition assemblies, individual and group daily recognition for positive behaviors, and teaching bully prevention to all students.
Your partner in education,